Here are some ideas that will bring joy to you and your family now and a smile to your face when you look back from the cold of January.
- Eat ice cream.
- Go to a park and swing as high as you can. Watch your children have the time of their lives.
- Lay on the grass, look up, and count the stars.
- Find a beach and build a sandcastle.
- Make apple pie (or cherry or berry) and eat it. (With a huge scoop of ice cream on top, of course!)
- Roast marshmallows over a campfire.
- Have a picnic.
- Run through the sprinkler.
- Find a hill. Sit and watch the sun go down.
- Open a window in the early morning, close your eyes, and listen to the world awaken. Better yet, wrap yourself in a blanket and sit outside. Breathe in all that fresh air.
- Take your camera with you everywhere and capture these moments. Make a scrapbook or collage and display it all winter to remind you that summer is coming again.
Treasure this time… it will be just a memory all too soon, so make it the best memory you possibly can.
But don’t get depressed thinking about autumn. It has its own brand of beauty, too…
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus